Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I actually got carded today

First, let me say I spent 16 years in the grocery business, including 9 at Winn Dixie. I quit in 1997 as a manager. Good thing, or I'd be dead. I also helped open this store way back in the day. It is real good store, as far as WD's go. Always clean and well stocked. I worked with a few of the managers of this store back in the day.

I went to the local WD with Christine to get a few things and some beer. The cashier punched in my phone # for the rewards program, scanned a few things, then asked to see my ID. Seeing how I'll be 41 in August, I was a little suprised, but flattered at the same time. I do look young for my age, about 35 or so. Now Christine is the same age, but looks 25. Maybe I should shave more often.

Anyway, it was cool I got carded, and WD has a great training program for the cashiers. I have been through this cashier's line a number of times, as she has worked there a few years. But maybe card the the people who look a little closer to 21?

On that note, here is a great version of Whole Lotta Rosie, the song that got me in to AC/DC. This is From the Hippodrome, October 1977.



Enjoy!



Tim
---------

No comments: