Sunday, June 15, 2008

How could I be so stupid?

I was lied to from the very start.

Christine and I are officially over.

Since the day we met in December 2006, she has been lying to me. I always thought she was, you know how you get the feeling in the pit of your stomach? A few months into our relationship we had an argument about it, and she swore up and down that she was being truthful. Still, we were like best friends, with a lot in common. Me? I never once lied to her. Never. I loved her very much. After last night, I really found out how bad the lying was. I installed a keylogger on my computer and I got her e-mail passwords. But, I did not access her e-mail until last night. There was one I read that went to her sister.

Her job she told me she had?-lie
Her apartment in Manhattan?-lie
Her roommate in NYC?-much more than a roommate

There are a lot more lies, but you get the idea. Our whole relationship was a lie.

I was under the impression we were going to move to NYC, get married and spend the rest of our lives together. That is out the window.

Yesterday, she was going to take off to Jacksonville without saying a word to me. She missed the bus though to take her to the Greyhound station. We actually almost stayed together last night, until I came to my senses and realized I could never forgive her and I would be subject to even more lies.

My Mom said I could do a lot better than Christine. I should have listened.

She owes an apology to my entire family. We fed her and put a roof over her head when her Mom wanted nothing to do with her.

She has almost ruined other women for me. Almost. I like women too much though. One of these days I'll find the right woman.

The one truth? We graduated from the same high school in 1985. Seminole High in Seminole, FL.

And Christine, if your Dad were alive, what would he think of you right now?

Time to get on with my life and put this ugly chapter of my life behind me.

I wish the best for her, and maybe one of these days she will realize how bad her lies hurt other people and the damage they do.

Now I'll go listen to 'Kicked In The Teeth' from AC/DC.

Tim

--------------

No comments: