Saturday, April 19, 2008

Played A Game Of Wiffle Ball

Yesterday, my future wife, my brother, 3 dogs and I went to the ballfield, where we pretty much grew up, playing baseball and football. We went to play Wiffle Ball though. There is a small field field for like 8 year olds, and it was perfect for us. Now, the WB rules suggest 60 feet from home plate to the homerun marker. For us, it was about 100 feet to the fence. And the ball had to hit the outfield for a hit. We decided on 3 innings and the ground rules. Oh yea, I told my brother I was gonna hit 2 taters off of him. It was 0-0 through 3. I had a bunch of hits but couldn't get anything going. In the top of the 4th, I had bases loaded and 2 outs, and hit a single to drive one home. 2 pitches later, I launched one, on a fastball, over the left-center field fence for a 5-0 lead. Next pitch I really crushed another one, it landed a good 20 feet behind the fence. I had an easy inning pitching to complete the 6-0 shutout and bragging rights.

This was the first time my future Mrs. had swung a ball bat of any sort. I pitched to her and she got a few good hits. We had a lot of fun and the dogs really had a blast also, chasing a frisbee and various balls.

Tim
-----------

No comments: