Monday, April 21, 2008

The Concrete Filled Swimming Pool

Why fill in a swimming pool with concrete?

This is my next door neighbors house. They are married, grown kid. Why they would do this is beyond me, they just lost a lot of money on the value of their house. I really don't care, I'm moving in a month. It is filled with dirt, with the concrete being at least a foot thick.

Oh yea, when my neighbor bought his house across the street, that pool was filled in also, but he dug it out. And it was just dirt.

From what I understand, they did not want a house with a pool. Maybe I'm stupid, but why buy a house with a pool then? Maybe it is for the better. They never took care of it, and it was green a lot. At least for the summer, the new owners of this house will not have to deal with mosquitos.

But still, why not drain it and just have a company fix a thick sheet of Plexiglass over it? Drain it and cover with anything, don't fill the damn pool in though.

Photobucket

Tim

-------

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its a nice blog posted by you. I was seeking for this type of blog that have a fresh and interesting content. I also have a really nice site where you can find salt chlorinator and pool cleaner within minimum prices. Please have a look on it.