Friday, July 25, 2008

Tampa Bay Rays, get rid of B.J. Upton

I love the Rays, I have been going to the games since the first season.

That said, I have never liked upton...the kid has all the tools in the world, but does not hustle. He half-asses everything. He just got thrown out on a play at first, where he should have been safe by a mile if he would have ran. The Rays better get rid of his lazy ass.

Damn, I'm glad my Dad ain't alive to see how some of these ballplayers approach the game. Hell, I would give my left nut and half of my right to be a major leaguer.

Now Longo? That dude rules...works hard, loves the game. CC? same thing. Jonny Gomes? That dude busts his ass. Imagine Gomes with the skills of Upton...people would be comparing him with Ruth...almost. But you get my point.

I love the Rays, but they need to get rid of upton.
----------

2 comments:

Tom Schaefer said...

Upton reminds me of Darryl Strawberry. That may seem like a compliment, but I am referring to his great potential, but cavalier attitude. I don't know if it is BJ being lazy, him being a headcase, or just too stupid to realize the team is more important. Joe Maddon should give him films of Pete Rose to see how one should approach the game.

Powerage said...

Great idea for the Pete Rose films. I think he just might be lazy, because the game is so easy for him.