Friday, May 2, 2008

Finally had a Five Guys burger

The area I'm moving out of just had a Five Guys store open up in the neighborhood. And a Starbucks in the same plaza. I don't drink coffee, so I have no clue what the inside of one looks like, and I still don't. But they do have pretty good chocolate chip cookies.

Anyway, Christine, my brother and I went to Five Guys to check it out. The place was busy, not packed though, but a good sized line. The service was pretty fast. I had a cheeseburger with mushrooms, nothing else. The only other way I like my burger is with mustard, because I want to taste the flavor of the meat. We got our food to go, and I couldn't get home fast enough.

The burger was great, fresh, good size, plenty of melted cheese. I would have liked to have tasted more salt and pepper in the burger though. And I thought the mushrooms would be fresh, seeing what they do with the potatoes, but they were from a can. They are free, so it is a minor quibble, but I did expect fresh mushrooms. The fries were incredible, perfectly salted, great flavor, everything. Though I do like fries, I can take 'em or leave 'em most of the time, with a few exceptions. I do love malt vinegar or mustard with my fries. Yea, I love mustard. I could get addicted to these fries from 5Guys though.

Bottom line, I will be a regular customer of Five Guys, great food fast for a good price. I hope they have a place near me in Manhattan.

Tim
-------

No comments: