Thursday, July 12, 2007

Getting Rid of Yard Moles

I've had some yard moles in the front yard for a while now and tried and failed to get rid of them. The sonic things worked for about 2 weeks, but they came back. I tried slicing up some habanero peppers, leaving the very hot seeds intact and shoving them in the tunnels, well that did not work. They would just push the slices forward wile digging.

I know the get rid of them is to kill the bugs in your yard with the stuff you put on your yard, but I did not want to go that route either. Last week I did another search, this time I went to Wikipedia and read that they do not like castor oil. What you do is buy one of those cheap plastic turkey basters and then inject the oil into the tunnel about 20-25 feet apart. What I did was used the baster to plunge into the tunnel, and then poured the entire bottle into the hole. I did this with 3 small bottles in 3 different spots. It seems to be working. The moles have dug a new tunnel but are staying away from the ones where I put the oil. So a little later one I'll inject the castor oil into the new tunnels and add a little more to the existing ones.

Castor oil is a cheap way to get rid of the yard moles. I'll post more updates, and I expect very shortly to have no more problems with yard moles.

Tim

-------
Tim Watson prepares taxes and runs an internet marketing blog at http://www.timothyjameswatson.com and a tax and tax attorney blog at http://taxattorneyguide.blogspot.com.

No comments: