Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Classic Rock Cares

The Classic Rock Cares show last night was great. It ran for just under 3 hours.

To give you and idea about the fans, most were wearing concert shirts, and 99% were AC/DC shirts, in all age groups.

I was just there to see Brian Johnson and Cliff Williams, so I did not see much of Eddie Money or Robin Zander. I did see Joe Lynn Turner, he was pretty good. I did catch Zander's final 2 songs, and from what I saw he was good.

Then Brian and Cliff came out on stage, and the place erupted, and this is when I did not sit again until I got to my car. Brian was his usual funny self, sounded great, and Cliff was solid as usual holding down the beat. Seeing how there was only one guitarist, and AC/DC obviously have 2, Cliff filled in the rythym part nicely with his bass. Scotti Hill of Skid Row did come out to play lead on Whole Lotta Rosie.

Greg Billings from the local Greg Billings Band came out and joined Brian in a Wilson Pickett song, and Jon Gruden of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers came out and sang Dirty Deeds and Highway to Hell.

The set list, in no order...

Thunderstruck
TnT
Dirty deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
For Those About to Rock
Whole Lotta Rosie
Given' the Dog a Bone
Hells Bells
A Wilson Pickett song (sorry, can't remember)
Chain Gang On The Road (new song)
Another new song
You Shook Me All Night Long
Highway to Hell

Highway to Hell was the finale and everyone came out. Brian got a kid from the audience and put him on his shoulders and ran around the stage, like he does with Angus. The crowd, myself included, was going nuts.

It was a great night, and though it was strange not seeing Angus, Malcolm and Phil there, it was a great concert. If the show comes near you, go and see it.

No comments: